ACTA International Conference 2018
English language learning in a mobile world
The next ACTA International Conference will be held in Adelaide, South Australia from 2 – 5 October, 2018.
Hosted by SATESOL and ACTA
Connect with us
- Conference website: ACTA Conference 2018: ”English language learning in a mobile world"
- Facebook: ACTA Conference 2018
- Twitter: @ACTAConf
- Expression of interest: Register for email updates on key conference milestones
Driving attention to the reality of local and global mobility for TESOL learners and educators, this conference will contribute to the ongoing examination of the theories and practices underpinning the TESOL field, and will project into future directions, whether as policy, pedagogy, materials design, assessment or community involvement.
In the context of increasing mobility through digital technology as well as global unrest and greater recognition of the need for improved outcomes for Indigenous students, the conference offers an opportunity for a re-examination of the profile of our English language learners and the implications for TESOL practice.
The six themes or strands are:
- English language learners in a mobile world
- English language learning and teaching for local and global participation
- Embracing digital technologies in English language learning and teaching
- Assessment from diverse stakeholder perspectives
- English as a medium of instruction (EMI)
- Professional standards and teacher identities in a mobile world
Through these themes, the breadth of mobility will be explored, ranging from local and global relocations to communication and intercultural negotiation across borders. With this in mind, the conference will be a space to critically examine ethical and practical challenges for TESOL.
We look forward to your presence and contribution to these important discussions.
The Call For Papers will open Monday July 3, 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
The 2018 ACTA Conference Committee